Reduce Energy Loss in Your Home with Energy Efficient Windows and Doors
If you’ve been considering a new door or window installation, it’s an investment that helps to improve the appearance or aesthetics on your home. Having new windows and doors, and making sure that they’re properly insulated will help reduce energy loss in your home. Here are a few ways to get started.
Signs You Need a Window Replacement
If you’ve just moved into your new home or you’re unsure of the age of your windows, here are a few ways to tell if they’re triggering heat loss in your home.
– Conduct a home energy audit
– Check for gaps in areas of existing insulation
– Check for condensation on windows
– See if there is any air loss near windows and doors
Installing Energy Efficient Windows and Doors
New window and door replacements not only help to enhance your home’s value, it helps slash energy bills too. Changing out old windows allows you to experience comfortable indoor temps in the summer, because your HVAC system won’t have to work so hard at keeping your living space cooled down.
Waterproof Areas Experiencing Cold and Heat Loss
Other things you can do include:
– Adding weather stripping around windows and doorways
– Sealing windows with plastic for added energy efficiency
– Placing light blocking drapes up in the summer to prevent added heat from flowing in
Window Seal West is your 100% Canadian-owned window replacement and installation company serving Calgary, Edmonton, and Red Deer. For the best in high quality, energy efficient windows and doors at factory direct pricing, Window Seal West has you covered.
Questions or comments? Contact us by phone at 1 (877) 818-4211 or email us at [email protected]